POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 21:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2009 17:31:08
Message: <4ad6431c$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> My bank and the others are companies, they do things with money even
> generate it from thin air but they don't print it.

Right. Same here.

> All the banks are
> watched by a national bank who does print the money but doesn't have
> private customers.

Yes. We have the federal reserve, which creates the money (along with the
individual banks) by basically loaning out money they don't have. The actual
pieces of paper and bills that come out of the ATM are printed by the
Treasury department, which is part of the federal government and not part of
a bank.

So now I understand your distinction. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)