POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ink diffusion rendering for suggestions. : Re: ink diffusion rendering for suggestions. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ink diffusion rendering for suggestions.
From: Alain
Date: 13 Oct 2009 22:41:56
Message: <4ad53a74$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi, all.
>
> Attached is a rendering image of ink drop dropped into a water tank.
>
> I got the mesh(mesh2) for the water surface and the density(0~1.) of the ink(df3
> file).
> But I do not have good knowledge in the media rendering.
>
> I am wondering if somebody can give me some suggestions on this or some other
> media parameter examples and resources.
>
> The ink can be black, dark blue, red or any other dark colors.
>
> Any advices will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Regards,
> Paean

Looking OK.

The default sampling is method 3. With that, the defaults are:

intervals 1 (you should leave it alone, increasing it will cause a huge
rendering slowdown, it may produce artefacts)
samples 3 (MINIMUM value! Increase as needed)

There is NO second samples value. If you provide one, it will be totaly
ignored.
"samples 100" is way faster than "intervals 10 samples 10".

Alain