POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 03:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 12 Oct 2009 23:03:06
Message: <4ad3edea$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/12/09 17:15, Darren New wrote:
> Could be. It's certainly possible to use it responsibly. I'd have to
> look at the statistics to see why there are so many bankruptcies. (I've
> also heard that most bankruptcies at least until the last few years or
> so were caused by medical bills. That wouldn't surprise me, but I have
> nothing better than newspaper comments there anyway. For something like
> that, I'd want to go to the sources.)

	Essentially, it's a study stating that medical bills were a significant
factor in bankruptcies - but not necessarily the main cause or the
problem that led them to file.

	Like you getting sick, getting expensive treatment, paying for it (by
money that you do have), and then 6 months later you lose your job and
can't continue to pay other, unrelated debts (e.g. house). So you file
for bankruptcy. The medical bills didn't cause the problem, but they
were a factor. You may have filed for bankruptcy even if you hadn't
gotten sick - if you didn't get a job quickly enough, etc.

	I can look up the details and provide links, if you want.

--
An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.