POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images :  : Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:16:37 EDT (-0400)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Oct 2009 04:13:15
Message: <4ad0421b$1@news.povray.org>
"Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> schreef in bericht
>> but now that it's here anyway it looks the same so probably
> not a gamma issue but a fog issue ;)

Right! :-)

> Yes, the problem seems to be only in the background. It's rather
> striking with the dominant cavity behind the statue which you would
> expect to be rather dark (and even when illuminated, you'd expect
> to see the inner edges). This looks similar to the walls being
> in shadow but having high ambient, which is probably what
> clipka was referring to.

Yes. Having been lazy, I have kept the fog instead of switching to media as
I should have done, knowing that fog does not react with light, especially
in shadowy parts. I shall probably make another render implementing that. At
first sight, I am not too much troubled by this but it should be done in the
end.

Thanks for commenting, Christian!

Thomas