POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The marvels of Win32 : Re: The marvels of Win32 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 15:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The marvels of Win32
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Oct 2009 09:53:15
Message: <4acf404b@news.povray.org>
>> You know, if you sit down and read this stuff, there's actually a
>> *hell* of a lot of switches and options in there...
>
> Yes it's great isn't it? :-)

It'd be greater if the documentation were a little more illunimating -
although it's not too bad.

>> And you thought you could just OPEN a window... ha!
>
> To be fair, you can just pretty much just use all the defaults (ie use
> none of those flags) and you'll get something resembling a "normal"
> window.  I guess they designed it that way.

Yeah, to some extent.

To another extent, there's a fair few layers of backwards compatibility
in there to wade through.

Also, the Win32 concept of a "window" is not the same thing as what you
or I would consider a "window". (E.g., a checkbox is a "window".) Makes
things interesting...