POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 03:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Oct 2009 11:44:51
Message: <4accb773$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Alternatively, perhaps if every camera had a unique key... (Then you'd
> be able to prove which camera took the shot too.)

And then you'd have to explain to a jury how that works.

> Heh. I heard some guy got given a cheque and the customer forgot to
> actually sign it. The bank handed over the money anyway. (WTF?)

Probably because they trusted the guy cashing the check, or he'd been a
long-term customer, so if it came back, they knew they could get the money
back.

> Well, that's another matter entirely, yes. I think you have to take
> police evidence as valid, because if the police themselves are trying to
> frame somebody, there's not a lot you can do in a courtroom...

O J Simpson.

There's all kinds of things you can do about it, yeah. Certainly you have
less recourse than someone who *isn't* the police, simply because people
trust the police more.  But we've been getting all kinds of situations hwere
where people with survalence videos or cell phone cameras keep the cops from
getting away with crap and framing people.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)