POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 23:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Warp
Date: 6 Oct 2009 17:29:22
Message: <4acbb6b2@news.povray.org>
> http://www.taranfx.com/blog/photosketch-draw-sketch-get-real-images-awesome

> Expect to see even more image scraping. This is quite awesome, actually.

  Is it just me, or is the significance of photography diminishing over
time, faster and faster as technology develops? In the future photographs
will have no value at all. Nodoby will ever take a photo seriously.

  Already today people will cry "fake!" to every photo which has something
even slightly unusual. I can only see this going worse and worse. Soon
nobody will take any photo seriously whatsoever. "Here I am at the beach."
"Yeah sure. How many mouse clicks did it require?" "Here's a photo of a
squirrel on my backyard." "Sure, and yo mama too." Soon all photographs
will be fake by default. Fakery will be so ubiquitous that nobody will
even bother to think "hmm, could this actually be a real photo?"

  What's the value of photography if you can get *whatever you want* with
just a couple of mouse clicks?

--
                                                          - Warp