POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anaglyph (red/cyan), Outside micrometer : Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Outside micrometer Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Outside micrometer
From: Alain
Date: 4 Oct 2009 17:15:05
Message: <4ac91059$1@news.povray.org>

> "StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> A gray scale anaglyph of an outside micrometer, 0 to 1 inch.
>>
>> Previously I would have made the scales with an image map or objects just above
>> the surface(shadows!). For this picture I used object patterns, I like the
>> result.
>>
>> Comments welcome.
>>
>> Stephen S
>
> Update, not anaglyph.
> I'm stuggling to increase the realism. I can tell it's not real, but not shure
> how to get it closer to the picture in my mind :-)
>
> Comments welcome.
> Stephen S

Some things that can help:
Place it in a room so that there is something else than just a
sky_sphere or some gradient to reflect.
I've seen some, and the cylinder is very highly polished, highly
reflective. Normaly, high grade stainless steel.
The screw looks OK.
The "handle" of those I saw was somewhat yellower or a little brownish.
Maybe lower the brillance.
There should be a group of graduations beside the scale. 11 of them in
the space of 2 lines on the outer scale. It's used to get one more
decimal place in the mesure.
The "C" part should be a little less black. Maybe a 5 to 8% gray would
be better.

Alain