POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cinder : Re: Cinder Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cinder
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Oct 2009 05:26:01
Message: <4ac718a9@news.povray.org>
povray + photons caustics and refractive color dispersion ("rainbow")...

I was supposed to begin the ladders, but thanks to Jim and the following
link, I did not. :)

http://www.dbrco.net/jk.test/Images/newblueshoe.jpg

I felt like emulating it. Recreated from scratch, using the experience
with the previous model to avoid a few pitfalls. Failed to capture the
subtleties of the rough glass material and bumps, but in my opinion,
perfect smooth glass looks much better anyway...

And let's admit, glass slippers are a tremendous must to showcase a
raytracer. It's refractive and reflective, got deliciously curvy surface
and it's not as hard to create as, say, a car...

48 minutes on a Q6600, most of it spent on the front, which folds upon
itself and receives all those caustics and refractive dispersion...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mainsapatinho-best2-caustics_and_dispersion-48minq6600.png' (342 KB)

Preview of image 'mainsapatinho-best2-caustics_and_dispersion-48minq6600.png'
mainsapatinho-best2-caustics_and_dispersion-48minq6600.png