POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cinder : Re: Cinder Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cinder
From: nemesis
Date: 2 Oct 2009 11:55:10
Message: <4ac6225e@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter escreveu:
> Beautiful, I'm not alone.

thank you.  It's still kinda rough, though.  Yesterday, I worked on it a
bit more (despite vowing not to) and got it a bit more streamlined.  I
was planning to

> (Looks like nurbs models?  I revelled in the natural sympathy between
> nurbs modelling and imaginary shoes modelling back doing my entry for
> the IRTC "Worlds within Worlds" topic.)

Just polygons and subdivision surfaces.  Started with a plane (quad)
scaled and loop cut it until getting quite a few lateral vertices that I
moved around a bit until getting it to take the form of a foot.  Then
extruded it up to give it some volume, extruded again the top faces and
scaled them a bit so as to leave border faces, which I them selected and
extruded up and pushed edges here and there until for the front and
back.  Later I pushed the back faces up with some proportional editing
on to give the high heel height. :)  And then, extruded the bottom to
make the heel proper (too bulky in this one, got that a bit better
later).  Lots of minor tweakings too...

> And the Cinderella glass slipper is a natural for raytraced art.
>
> And for glass art too.
>
> http://www.dbrco.net/jk.test/Images/newblueshoe.jpg

oh my!  Now I feel an urge to try to reproduce that! :D

> This set of ads resonates with me in a different yet similar way.
> http://www.hautfashion.com/christian-louboutin-springsummer-2009-ad-campaign

Looks beautiful indeed.  Though kinda bizarre seeing a shoe among
fruits... :P

> I know I would have gotten there, I know it! ;P

I see inspiration coming back, huh? ;)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9