POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Research : Re: Research Server Time
28 Sep 2024 15:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Research
From: Warp
Date: 1 Oct 2009 15:01:36
Message: <4ac4fc90@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think he's saying that she resembles the waitress that was serving him
> kangaroo meat (seriously? Kangaroo?) and mentioned that Kangaroo was
> rather tasty.

  What's wrong with kangaroo meat? It's not like it's an endangered species,
and I hear the meat is quite good (although I have never had the opportunity
to taste it myself).

> I'm guessing Eero has recently visited Australia where kangaroo's are
> considered an agricultural pest. (As opposed to the rest of the world
> that considers them a fascinating novelty, not something to dine on or
> eradicate)

  Reminds me of wild boars: In many parts of the world (especially Europe)
wild boar meat is considered a delicacy, much like eg. deer or pheasant
meat. However, in other parts (I think precisely Australia is one of them)
wild boars are considered dirty scavenger.

--
                                                          - Warp