POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rolling On : Re: Rolling On Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rolling On
From: clipka
Date: 28 Sep 2009 12:02:15
Message: <4ac0de07$1@news.povray.org>
Shay schrieb:

> Either you're nuts, computers have advanced even more than I think since
> I bought mine, or (most likely) both.

Yeah, I guess so :-)

I think 33 minutes isn't too bad for such a render; maybe it'll go up to
1 hour when the geometry is finished, and maybe with all bells &
whistles (by which in this case I mean texturing, special effects and
lighting - the actual physical devices will be part of the geometry ;-))
I'll face a day of rendering time. I've seen worse :-)

> The "steam" is very solid. Looking forward to checking out the "punk."

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this is actually not intended for
the IRTC, but the "Across the Plains" TINA-CHeP contest, so this is
unlikely to become the stage for a punk rock band or something :-)

(Though I might change my mind in case I fail to finish in time for
TINA-CHeP; I'm already thinking about ways to force the "time" and
"punk" into the concept, as it would hurt tremendously to waste the
opportunity.)

> Bit of a shame you'll take this nice model and spoil it with realism.
> Realism is a limitation which prevents us from seeing how nice the model
> is. I prefer the pink and green version.

Well, realism will spoil the opportunity to see all the /geometry/, but
I do intend to invest some more time into texturing, too, in hope of
making up for it.

> JRG posted a transformer model some time ago; Might be some beveling
> solutions there if you want to see another's take on it.

Way too late to go for anything other than my own framework. No time to
learn anything new on the remaining miles ahead. (And as you can see, my
own beveling tools take me quite some distance already :-))