POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rolling On : Re: Rolling On Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rolling On
From: Shay
Date: 28 Sep 2009 11:02:58
Message: <4ac0d022$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Another fight won. This train is going somewhere, but I tell you -
> complex cast-iron parts like that cylinder block are no fun to model in
> CSG when you want proper beveling...

Either you're nuts, computers have advanced even more than I think since
I bought mine, or (most likely) both.

The "steam" is very solid. Looking forward to checking out the "punk."

Bit of a shame you'll take this nice model and spoil it with realism.
Realism is a limitation which prevents us from seeing how nice the model
is. I prefer the pink and green version.

JRG posted a transformer model some time ago; Might be some beveling
solutions there if you want to see another's take on it.

  -Shay