POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rolling On : Re: Rolling On Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rolling On
From: clipka
Date: 26 Sep 2009 18:52:12
Message: <4abe9b1c$1@news.povray.org>
s.day schrieb:

> Looks fantastic, the level of detail is very impressive, it's a shame that
> unless you render any final scene with this train in it at a very high
> resolution much of this detail will be lost (of course we will all know it is
> there though!). However, it does mean you can do some fantastic close-up's.

Reminds me of the fate of Tek's planet. Recall that incredible level of
detail and realism, with coastlines, mountain ranges, continents and
such - even simulating the weather to get the clouds right? It's a pity
we only see so much of it in his IRTC submission.

Well, I guess the locomotive will eventually share that fate. But that's
the idea behind it: To make something look really convincing, you have
to go into details up to the level where nobody will ever consciously
notice.

Just think of how much effort and care is put into every single prop in
movies like the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, even if the item is just
seen for two or three seconds in the background.