POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Object As Isosurfaces Experiment #12 : Re: Object As Isosurfaces Experiment #12 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object As Isosurfaces Experiment #12
From: clipka
Date: 26 Sep 2009 14:40:22
Message: <4abe6016$1@news.povray.org>
William Pokorny schrieb:
> Not in the league of Mr Lipka's train engine, but an image I spent some time on
> and a result with which I am happy. About a dozen CSG objects used in four
> 'object-functions' along with some standard POVRay functions stuffed in a single
> isosurface (excepting the plane object).

Even Mr Lipka is amazed about this "isosurfacizing" thing... I've toyed
multiple times with the idea of ditching my whole
beveled-thing-framework stuff and trying whether the same can be had
with the isosurfaces approach. The only thing that's holding me back is
that I guess I'd lose steam, figuratively speaking, if I tried to switch
engines while rolling on the track.