POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very afraid... : Re: Be very afraid... Server Time
29 Sep 2024 01:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very afraid...
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Sep 2009 21:51:55
Message: <4abd73bb$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> Yes, it's so friggin' impossible that I bow in respect for the
>> tortured souls that use it to produce some of these images:
>
> To be fair, each of those I'm guessing took weeks to model. :-) I just
> wish I could get that good. If I could reproduce a reasonable facsimile
> of what I saw in photographs, I'd be happy. :-)

I too lack artistic skills and go for "copy".  My /modus operandi/ is:
whenever I see a great picture, I try to reproduce it.  I fail more
often than anything, sure... :)

>> Start by learning the "box modelling" technique.
>
> I'm waiting for a Minority-Report style 3D modeling interface.

I remember that video... :)

while that doesn't happen, at least Blender 2.5 is getting quite a
face-lift.  The splash screen alone looks as good as any found in modern
IDEs:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=167428

The Hotkeys dropdown is sure to make some converts... :D