POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rolling On : Re: Rolling On Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rolling On
From: clipka
Date: 25 Sep 2009 08:26:41
Message: <4abcb701$1@news.povray.org>
s.day schrieb:
> Not to be too picky but the spokes (especially on the front wheels) are showing
> through slightly in the gap between the outer edge of the wheel and the inner
> part. Is this correct from the blue print you have?

They're just not finished. The wheels where among the very first parts I
did (right after the rails); the dimensions were still mostly guessing
by then (the blueprints I have for /this/ particular engine do not show
much more information than the total diameter), and the approach I used
to get the geometry the way I wanted was still in an experimental stage.

I recently gave the hubs an overhaul when adding the crank pins, and
also re-did the tyres on that occasion, but the spokes and rims are
still pending update, so they just don't perfectly match up with the
tyres ATM.