POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Low-level fun : Re: Low-level fun Server Time
29 Sep 2024 03:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Low-level fun
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Sep 2009 09:49:46
Message: <4ab7847a@news.povray.org>
>>> Are you using .NET or VB6?
>>
>> Nope. I'm using Haskell, everybody's favourit programming language.
>
> sorry, i guess i missed something

No need to be sorry for trying to help. ;-)

> BTW, you may like this news
> http://tommd.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/kernel-modules-in-haskell/

Yeah, a few people have pointed this one out already.

The "House" they keep referring to was an entire OS written in pure
Haskell. (At least, as far as Linux is an OS written in pure C - i.e.,
there are some small fragments of assembly as well.) All these guys have
done is taken the work from House and adapted it to work with a standard
Linux kernel. (I say "all" as if it's a small thing, but I'm just saying
somebody else already did a lot of the heavily lifting.)