POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brass Lamp : Re: Brass Lamp Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brass Lamp
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Sep 2009 09:17:57
Message: <4ab77d05@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote in message
> Impressive! I guess the normal work on the globe really makes it.

Yes it does! The problem (you and discussed) with the globe was even though
I could see through the lath object, it was rendering the volume of the
object until I figured out how to close the spline.

> BTW, what's that grey flask on the right? What would anyone build a vessel
> like that for? (Needs some more beveling work around its resting surface
> and where the box meets the cylinder, btw... the table could also need
> some.)

The grey object on the right is a bed warmer .... fill it with hot water and
it goes between the sheets (down by your toes), and yes perhaps a little
more work is needed! It's a union of lathe object and a rounded box. Any
ideas how to smooth the transition from base to lathe object?

The table could probably use a little more normal work, but the edges ...
well I have this table in the shop, pretty crude primitive construction. The
methods of the period (c1840) never broke the edges like you're suggesting.
Not round legs either ... basic straight egdes and tapered ... pegged
together, NO NAILS!!!

Thanks!
Jim