POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thought for today : Re: Thought for today Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thought for today
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Sep 2009 06:39:18
Message: <4ab757d6$1@news.povray.org>
> Just face it, CPUs currently are
> just electrical heaters that happen to do some calculations at the same
> time.

LOL. I'm sure this says something deep about quantum thermodynamics.

Hmm, I wonder... does the human brain heat up significantly when you
think harder?

[Before anybody else points this out, I know it heats up *measurably*.
I'm wondering if it heats up *significantly*...]

OTOH, the brain is inherantly decentralised. It relies on ludicrous
numbers of independent elements operating in a massively parallel
mannar. A laptop works on one specific element peddaling along in serial
as fast as possible.

Say, whatever happened to ANN chips?