POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thought for today : Re: Thought for today Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thought for today
From: scott
Date: 21 Sep 2009 06:26:30
Message: <4ab754d6@news.povray.org>
> ...so in other words, *no*.

Better to put solar panels on your roof and then just use the standard
charger.

> Then again, with that old laptop, I start wondering if you could use it to
> run a small steam engine connected to a generater. The thing gets hot
> enough! :-P

In terms of generating power, bigger is always more efficient, something
per-laptop is likely never to work.  Just face it, CPUs currently are just
electrical heaters that happen to do some calculations at the same time.