POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thought for today : Re: Thought for today Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thought for today
From: Invisible
Date: 21 Sep 2009 05:46:57
Message: <4ab74b91$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> If you built a laptop where the entire lid was a solar panel, would it
>> generate anywhere near enough power to run the laptop?
>
> So long as you're happy to use it lying down :-)

I was thinking more that while the lid is shut, it could be soaking up
some rays and recharging the battery.

The fatal flaw in this plan, of couse, is that most normal /homo
sapiens/ would put the laptop back in its bag...

I'm just curios as to whether a solar panel that size can generate
enough current to be useful, that's all.