POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lens shift camera (see p.newusers for original posts) : Re: Lens shift camera (see p.newusers for original posts) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens shift camera (see p.newusers for original posts)
From: clipka
Date: 20 Sep 2009 09:41:48
Message: <4ab6311c$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John schrieb:
> clipka wrote:
>> It's a pity these shots don't clearly demonstrate the difference between
>> lens-shifting and just plain dumb camera rotation (which would look
>> /almost/ the same in this case I guess).
>
> Ask and ye shall receive :-)
> I've just made it more obvious that the point of view is always directly
> in line with the green box (now four boxes)
> The final image (camshift_a) is an attempt to get camshift3 by rotation
> and translation.

Um... well, I wasn't thinking of rotating the camera about the /object/,
but about /itself/. This will keep the point of view in line with the
green box as well, and also shift that box around on the screen.

The difference is in what happens to lines that used to be vertical or
horizontal in the original image.