POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox is strange : Re: Firefox is strange Server Time
29 Sep 2024 01:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firefox is strange
From: Chambers
Date: 19 Sep 2009 14:47:32
Message: <4ab52744$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> IIRC the Linux community waited 5 years (2004-2009 (I'm not perfectly
> sure if they released it 2009 or 2008)) to get 64-bit Alpha-version of
> Flash released. The quality is still incredibly low.

They didn't exactly wait.  They were developing their own OSS flash
player, until Adobe noticed.  Around 2007, Adobe promised a native 64
bit flash player, and that kind of killed development.  In 2008, they
again said "real soon now."  Earlier this year, they got the alpha
version released.

Personally, this is one thing I'd like to see an OSS version that I
could use, since I'm trying to get as much software as possible in the
64bit form.

...Chambers