POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lens shift camera (see p.newusers for original posts) : Re: Lens shift camera (see p.newusers for original posts) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens shift camera (see p.newusers for original posts)
From: Alain
Date: 19 Sep 2009 11:15:20
Message: <4ab4f588$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John a écrit :
> Over in p.n. Tony posted a request for a camera with a lens shift ala
> studio camera. I have produced the following images to demo its shifts.
> The first is the original view with no shift. Then five shifts - note
> the moving of the focal point around the image :-)
>
> John

You can use non-perpendicular axis for the camera. Set the up and right
vectors normaly: up y right 4/3*x
Then set the direction diferently than the normal way that is
direction z (a shorthand for direction<0,0,1>)

Samples:
direction <0,0.5,1>
direction<1,0,1>
direction<-0.2,0.3,1>

The base plane of the camera remains unchanged, the camera don't rotate
and don't move. But the center point of your image gets shifted.

After that, you can still use angle to set the field of view width. You
can also rotate and move the camera around.

Alain