POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Low-level fun : Low-level fun Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Low-level fun
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 19 Sep 2009 04:50:55
Message: <4ab49b6f$1@news.povray.org>
So now I'm wondering if Windows provides any easy way to load and save
bitmapped images. GDI appears to allow you to load and save in Windows
Bitmap format - arguably amoung the worst file formats *ever*. But what
about something more sane?

Well, DirectX doesn't seem to have anything useful. (Gotta love the way
half the stuff on MSDN turns out only to be applicable to Windows 7.
Yeah, like I really care about that...) I did eventually find something
that appears to do exactly what I want. Not quite sure which versions of
Windows support it, but it looks interesting.

Reading further, it seems you have to link this special file into your
application. (That can't be good...) And then it starts talking about
something called COM, and I got *completely* lost.

...so now I'm trying to figure out what the hell COM is. :-/

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/