POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Could you be a US citizen? : Re: Could you be a US citizen? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 01:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Could you be a US citizen?
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 18 Sep 2009 12:43:56
Message: <4ab3b8cc$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>> My first reaction was to just shake my head in wonderment about how only
>> 28% could get that right. Then I checked the Supremacy Clause of the
>> Constitution. It isn't just the Constitution, but also Federal Statutes
>> and Treaties.
>
> I don't believe it has been interpreted that way. Certainly federal
> statues are secondary to the constitution in practice, and I believe the
> question of treaties is still somewhat open to argument. There are
> regularly federal statues struck down as unconstitutional, and I think
> the argument is that since the president can't make a treaty without the
> congress approving it later, it's also subject to constitutional limits.

Yes, the Constitution overrides the others. But the clause in the
Constitution (Article 6 paragraph 2) says that the "Supreme Law of the
Land" is made up of those three things.

I was more bashing the test than anything else. The question was vague
enough, and I didn't see the link at the bottom providing the answers
that they wanted. I can still hold some hope for humanity, and just wish
that 30% of the students just told the inquisitive folks to buzz off.