POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Sep 2009 03:19:42
Message: <4ab3348e$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
news:e5e2b51sds81a4d1bp76j3s050ili94vcf@4ax.com...
> No! I live on it and coffee :-)

He He! No. Stress is bad company for me ;-)

Ok. Totally OT this, but in line with the thread: I was thinking
mischievously about krill / blue whale evolution. Krill being not so
defenseless in the *arms race* after all, and following the strategy of
numbers to survive; answered by the size strategy of blue whales (nature
could also have chosen numbers for them, but size was probably more
convenient and had other positive side effects).

Hmmm... so, back to Mike's creature: stereo vision + crystals on its back
could mean two things at least: (1) Defense: predator (insects, grubs, look
at the digging horns and the absence of large teeth) being hunted by bigger
predator, or (2) display: predator (or not) bearing crystals as display for
females.

Fascinating: the evolution of imaginary creatures... :-)

Thomas