POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Could you be a US citizen? : Re: Could you be a US citizen? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Could you be a US citizen?
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Sep 2009 19:08:47
Message: <4ab2c17f$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I did not look it up. I do not understand the question. What does the term "the
> supreme law of the land" mean?

Oh. The Constitution says in the text that it is the supreme law of the
land. If other laws are made that are in conflict with the Constitution, the
Constitution wins. If the Constitution says "You may not keep women from
voting", and some state passes a law that says women may not vote, that
state law is overruled by the supreme law of the land and is unenforcible.

> Yes the English Bill of Rights 1689 (An Act Declaring the Rights and Liberties
> of the Subject and Settling the Succession of the Crown) and the Scottish Bill
> of Rights (Claim of Right Act 1689) existed 100 years before yours :P

Cool. See what I meant? ;-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)