POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Could you be a US citizen? : Re: Could you be a US citizen? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Could you be a US citizen?
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Sep 2009 12:33:19
Message: <4ab264cf@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> unworthy of living here.  Ten US Citizenship questions at the bottom.
>
> I wonder how old the children were that were asked?

High school is grade 10, 11, and 12, so age 15 thru 17.

> Not me.  I could only answer four for sure - maybe I would have guessed
> some others correctly but unlikely I would have passed.

Interesting. Of course, from my POV, I couldn't tell you whether King George
the Third came before or after King George the Fifth, so I guess I'd be as
bad in Europe as some folks would be here. I was more curious whether it was
a failing of the US education system, a failure of me to pay attention in
those classes, or just normal for people not to know even the basics of the
history of the other side of the world.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)