POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Picking up steam... slowly... : Picking up steam... slowly... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:33:16 EDT (-0400)
  Picking up steam... slowly...
From: clipka
Date: 17 Sep 2009 11:58:49
Message: <4ab25cb9@news.povray.org>
Found some time at last to get back to this model again.

So far, I've been able to stick to solid CSG modelling.

The boiler fairing was quite straightforward as expected, being
basically just a spline lathe. The firebox fairing is a spline prism
(actually two copies tilted a bit along the boiler axis) and to my
surprise fits snugly with the lathe.

The smokestack is a blob construct; the upper rim turned out differently
than planned, but I think it's perfect as it is. I'm a bit worried
though whether I can use the same approach for the steam dome and sand boxes

Boilerplate "decoration" is just a bunch of rounded boxes and -cylinders.

Well, still a long way to Tipperary...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'steam.png' (709 KB)