POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease? : Re: The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 01:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease?
From: clipka
Date: 16 Sep 2009 18:54:57
Message: <4ab16cc1$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay schrieb:
> Just as another way of looking at this issue, the "car culture" is huge in
> the US.  In most places in the world, bicycles are all over the place.
> People driving cars must be more patient in those countries.

Well, as a German I'd say "bicycles all over the place" applies to China
and possibly the Netherlands, but not to "most places" in the world.
Sure, bicyclists in the streets are quite a common sight over here in
Europe, but it's not like our streets would be literally clogged. And in
the netherlands, which might have the highest "density" of cyclists,
they have a remarkably good system of separate ways for their "fietsen",
so even there it's a no-issue.

But yes, the US seem to be particularly devoid of bicycle traffic,
apparently considering them more of a children's toy than a "mobility
device".