POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox is strange : Re: Firefox is strange Server Time
29 Sep 2024 01:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firefox is strange
From: clipka
Date: 16 Sep 2009 17:49:38
Message: <4ab15d72@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott schrieb:
> One thing I have a huge issue with is Flash. Seems to be a leak in there
> some place, when playing movies, where it will *refuse* to close at all,
> since it can't unload the fragmented mess created by playing too many of
> them. It gets worse if I have a lot of tabs open. In fact, when ever I
> get high CPU usage, or slow shut down, or even slow performance in other
> applications, its almost *always* the result of playing several Youtube
> videos, and the fact that I leave firefox open all the time.

Hum... so from all I hear - I guess I'd better ditch my idea of
switching from IE8 to Firefox, huh?

After all, really the only thing that bothers me about IE8 is that for
the 64-bit version (which I've made standard on my Windows XP x64
system) Adobe hasn't released a Flash player yet (can it really be
*that* much of a problem?), so I always need to explicitly launch the
32-bit version.