POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease? : Re: The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The cure is a hundred times worse than the disease?
From: Warp
Date: 16 Sep 2009 16:17:14
Message: <4ab147ca@news.povray.org>
> Still, craziness is not limited to the US. How many people actually got
> killed by bird flu? Swine flu?

  I don't think that comparison is valid. There is precedent for dangerous
influenza pandemics killing staggering amounts of people. For example the
1918 flu pandemic ("Spanish flu") killed over 50 million people. The Hong
Kong flu killed about one million people in 1969. The Asian flu killed
about 2 million people in 1958.

  Thus it's not "crazy" to be scared of a flu pandemic.

> Terrorist attacks?

  I remember one year when terrorist attacks alone killed many thousands
of people.

--
                                                          - Warp