POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:11:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 15 Sep 2009 08:44:11
Message: <4aaf8c1b$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Thomas de Groot wrote:

> The other way round (Predators with non-stereoscopic view):  blue whale and
> sperm whale  ;-)

As the sperm whale feeds on giant squids, which are a powerful,
comparatively intelligent and thus risky prey, which literally has to be
hunted and caught, it is in fact a true predator - but the blue whale
simply sieves krill out of the water, an activity for which the word
"hunting" seems quite inappropriate... when I read of predators, I
usually think of animals hunting their food, so the blue whale is a
predator only in a formal sense (as its food is in fact animal, not
vegetarian).

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar