POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DF3 Proximity Pattern - 0.95 Released : Re: DF3 Proximity Pattern - 0.95 Released Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DF3 Proximity Pattern - 0.95 Released
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 Sep 2009 08:14:54
Message: <4aaf853e$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
>
>>Proximity macro applied to corinthian capital mesh model
>>

> Beautiful. Really convincing.
>
> Thomas

Thanks, Thomas.  As I am sure you can appreciate, there was a
considerable amount of time spent with controlled testing to understand
the effects of the different parameters.  Also I had to break down some
of the coding in order to understand how they were working so as to
understand how to apply them to a complex model such as this.  So right
now this does not take advantage of some of the bells and whistles, such
as adding random noise, which Eduard provides.  Though I did make use of
the smoothing feature.

For the larger pieces of the model I used:
       #declare Proximity_SamplingDensity = 10;
       #declare Proximity_NumSamples = 10;

For the medium detail:
       #declare Proximity_SamplingDensity = 20;
       #declare Proximity_NumSamples = 10;

For the finest detail:
       #declare Proximity_SamplingDensity = 30;
       #declare Proximity_NumSamples = 10;

For smoothing:
	Proximity_SetPatternSmoothingValue( 15 )

-Jim