POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : opal : opal Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:34:04 EDT (-0400)
  opal
From: stbenge
Date: 12 Sep 2009 19:29:26
Message: <4aac2ed6@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Here's my attempt at recreating an opal. It's not physically accurate.

It's a mesh stone shape, with many mesh inclusions. Each inclusion is a
disc-shaped chip, colored randomly, and given a specular highlight with
a metallic value of one to really bring out the color. They were placed
randomly. The ones residing inside the stone were rendered, the rest
were not.

Funny thing, the luminous bloom pass took longer to complete than the
initial render itself. For some reason the black parts of the HDR image
were the slowest. It could be an error in my code...

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'opal.jpg' (94 KB)