POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Suggestion for the page : Re: Suggestion for the page Server Time
2 May 2024 10:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion for the page
From: "Jérôme M. Berger"
Date: 12 Sep 2009 15:34:54
Message: <4aabf7de@news.povray.org>
David Buck wrote:
> Tek wrote:
>> "Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>>> Perhaps also when displaying the thumbnails, they are shrinked by
>>> size based on
>>> both height or width, whichever would govern rather than just height.

>> That would make more sense to me. I was surprised to see how big my
>> image appeared compared to the others!
>>

> I'll try changing to text on the left, right justified.
>
> BTW, do you like the lightbox effect for viewing the images and the
> voting summary screen?

	I *hate* the lightbox effect. The main reason is: when an image is
too big to fit on my screen (meaning *all* but four of the images in
the current round if I don't put Firefox in fullscreen mode!) then I
can't have a global view of the image. If it was a simple link to
the image, FF would automatically zoom out to allow me to view the
entire image and allow me to zoom in when I want to look at the
details. Lightbox was invented by someone who forgot that not
everyone has 30 inches 3000x2000 monitors!

	Moreover:
  - If I want to download an image to use as a wallpaper, how do I
do it?
  - It's slow;
  - It increases the load on the server and the network (the full
resolution image is downloaded even if I don't want to see it);

		Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr
http://jeberger.free.fr