POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : September 11th : Re: September 11th Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: September 11th
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 12 Sep 2009 05:38:59
Message: <4aab6c33$1@news.povray.org>
> I wonder if 50 years from now there will be people "9/11 deniers" who
> seriously claim there was never a World Trade Center at all, and the
> whole collapse was just made up. (As in now we have holocaust deniers,
> in other words.)

During WWI the Germans blew up the Black Tom ammo dump in
NY harbor, the explosion damaged the statue of liberty and shrapnel
set fires in Jersey City. The blast was so large it registered more than
5.0 on the Richter scale, broke thousands of windows in Manhattan,
and was felt in Philadelphia.

Despite the seriousness of the attack, the reaction at the time was
to scapegoat the management of some munitions companies. It took
more than ten years to exonerate them, by then the war was long
over, and the story was no longer in the news.

It's reasonable to come to the conclusion that misdirection
by scapegoating the innocent is intended to deflect and delay
retribution on the guilty.