POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : September 11th : Re: September 11th Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: September 11th
From: clipka
Date: 12 Sep 2009 04:37:19
Message: <4aab5dbf$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New schrieb:
> I wonder if 50 years from now there will be people "9/11 deniers" who
> seriously claim there was never a World Trade Center at all, and the
> whole collapse was just made up. (As in now we have holocaust deniers,
> in other words.)

There are people who claim that one or two whole centuries of AC history
are nothing but a fabrication - so yes, I guess the emergence of such
claims has to be taken as a given.

Even today, there are plenty of people who never saw the WTC with their
own eyes. And in 50 years' time, there will be plenty of people who will
never even have spent that day in front of the TV, watching the live(?)
broadcasts.

But then again, a CIA conspiracy to start a war by fabricating the
demolishion of a fabricated building doesn't sound half as sinister as
starting a war by really demolishing a real building, with thousands of
real casualties, so I guss the majority of conspiracy theorists will
prefer to take the existence of the WTC for granted, even in 50 yers' time.