POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : diamond : diamond Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:33:04 EDT (-0400)
  diamond
From: stbenge
Date: 11 Sep 2009 15:05:23
Message: <4aaa9f73@news.povray.org>
Hi,

This is my try at a classic subject: cut gemstone on a flat white plane.
It could have turned out better, since the light and gem positions
aren't as good as they could be.

The brilliant cut was modeled from actual specs using TopMod and
LightWave. I then dropped it onto a plane using Blender. That last step
is really handy, since you can drop all kinds of objects onto different
surfaces using the game engine.

The ior and dispersion settings were obtained from NewIOR.inc by
Sven-Erik Andersen.

The whole thing took about an hour to render. Not too bad when you've
got 10505000 photons, 50 focal blur samples, a max_trace_level of 31, 7
dispersion samples and HDR-based post-processed glare. But I cheated and
used Rune's illusion.inc to pre-render the plane with caustics.

It's a lot of work for a diamond that isn't quite as brilliant as I had
hoped...

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: