POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DF3 Proximity Pattern - working on a new version : Re: DF3 Proximity Pattern - working on a new version Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DF3 Proximity Pattern - working on a new version
From: clipka
Date: 9 Sep 2009 03:14:47
Message: <4aa755e7$1@news.povray.org>
Edouard schrieb:

> Umm, there also seem to be some rendering artefacts that I think are to do with
> turning normals on in radiosity under the latest 3.7 beta.

Can you be more specific?

What I do see are two horizontal lines which are quite definitely
radiosity artifacts indeed, but those are not particularly related to
turning on normals. They are a general result of samples being taken
during the final render, which are just more prone to appear when
normals are turned on, for the simple reason that it requires a higher
sample density.

Make sure you have always_sample off, low_error_factor set to something
like 0.5, and reduce the pretrace_end value.

The radiosity statistics may give you a hint how good your pretrace
settings are. I recommend making sure that no more than half the total
number of samples is taken during the main render.