POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Problems with PC coming out of stand-by : Problems with PC coming out of stand-by Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with PC coming out of stand-by
From: SharkD
Date: 8 Sep 2009 23:45:36
Message: <4aa724e0$1@news.povray.org>
Lately, when I put my PC into stand-by mode I can't get it to come out.
Instead, it just shuts off completely. I know the PC is in stand-by mode
because the power LED is blinking. This is a recent problem; my PC never
used to do this. There are two changes I made that I suspect:

1. I bundled a bunch of cables together so that they are out of the way
and not lying on the floor. I was careful to bundle the data cables
separately from the power cables to reduce noise.
2. I installed (and later de-installed) the "Seven Transformation
Pack"--a theme customization pack for WinXP to make it look like Win7.

That's all I can think of. Any ideas?

-Mike

WinXP SP3
AMD Sempron 3000