POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 03:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Sep 2009 17:00:55
Message: <4aa42307$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> This is why discussion of what the majority might do with some newly
> granted authority is of less importance than discussion of whether the
> authority should be granted at all.

By the way, what makes you think establishing a public universal health care
option needs any new authority?  The feds have had from day one the
authority to take some of your income and spend it however they like. The
16th amendment confirmed this. So what authority are they usurping by
collecting some of your income as premiums and distributing that to those
providing health care as necessary?

How does this differ from taking parts of your income and using it to pay
for police, judges, fire fighters, etc?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)