POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Assumed_gamma, too bright and washed out : Re: Assumed_gamma, too bright and washed out Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:34:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assumed_gamma, too bright and washed out
From: SharkD
Date: 6 Sep 2009 13:43:11
Message: <4aa3f4af$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> Are they overlaping or sharing the same container?
>
> I'd try with containers that are distinct, with some gap between them.
> That way, you compute one media, them, somewhat further, you compute the
> other one. The haze could easily use a low samples value, like samples
> 3, while the clouds will use a larger samples value, like samples 30.

They each use their own container. The smaller container is inside the
larger. If it makes the scene render faster, I would like to change them
so they use the same container. Not sure how to go about doing this
though. I also don't want to make them use distinct volumes. Their media
should "add".

-Mike