POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Assumed_gamma, too bright and washed out : Re: Assumed_gamma, too bright and washed out Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assumed_gamma, too bright and washed out
From: Alain
Date: 6 Sep 2009 12:25:46
Message: <4aa3e28a$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD a écrit :
> Here's my latest render. The scene uses two media for the sky: one for
> the clouds and one for the haze. Either one of them by itself renders
> pretty fast, but together they cause the render to take a *really* long
> time.
>
> -Mike

Are they overlaping or sharing the same container?

I'd try with containers that are distinct, with some gap between them.
That way, you compute one media, them, somewhat further, you compute the
other one. The haze could easily use a low samples value, like samples
3, while the clouds will use a larger samples value, like samples 30.

Alain