POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shiny things! : Re: Shiny things! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shiny things!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Sep 2009 08:43:37
Message: <4aa3ae79$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> Very sparkly!
> Are you working towards just certain cuts, or any arbitrary stone
> cutting instruction set? I stopped pursuing an instruction parser, but
> seeing these pictures I will have to start again.

As many cuts as I can find, but with adjustable parameters. A general
parser would be way too much, I think.

The idea is for the user to say "I want an emerald cut, with a w/h ratio
of 1:1.4 a table height of 25% with a pavilion depth of 60% and no cullet."

Well, it would really be something like Gemstone_EmeralCut(1.4,.25,.6,0)
But, you get the picture ;)