POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using a couple of proximity patterns : Re: Using a couple of proximity patterns Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using a couple of proximity patterns
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Sep 2009 04:19:41
Message: <4aa3709d$1@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> schreef in bericht

> If I'm reading this right, I think that your building is about 20 units
> high. My
> model is about 120 units high in comparison. If that's right, you should
> divide
> the "7.5" in the df3_pattern line by 6 to get the blurring to about the
> right
> level. It would also make sense to similarly adjust the "scale" statements
> in
> the bozo noise functions as well.

Hmm Hmm, yes, that is correct. The building is about 20 units high. I had
compensated the slope pattern in the noise obviously as you have noticed. I
had not realized however how to compensate the other params. So there is a
close relationship there (obviously), but can you indicate approximately
what that would be for a unit sized object so that we can extrapolate from
there? That seems to me the best thing to do, doesn't it?

Your series of examples are what I ultimately would like to achieve with the
macro.

Thomas