POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Comments : Re: IRTC Comments Server Time
19 May 2024 13:00:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Comments
From: David Buck
Date: 4 Sep 2009 20:52:55
Message: <4aa1b667$1@news.povray.org>
Robert McGregor wrote:
> "Hildur K." <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> O.k. I went through the round, there are three people with real names and if you
>> click their names older submissions show up. For the rest, there is only this
>> one submission. Something must have gone wrong when resetting the passwords. At
>> least it did for me.
>>
>> Hildur
>
> Well, I just realized the same thing happened to me apparently - i.e., my old
> submissions aren't showing up either (but there were only a couple of them).
>
> David, will you please merge these back in for me when you have time?
>
> Also, I just realized I got 2nd place in the testing round (I'm not very
> observant sometimes), so thanks everyone :)
>
> -Rob

I can explain that.

When developing the new site, I didn't have direct access to the
accounts of the old site.  I captured the information by simply
screen-scraping it.  Any time I came across the name of a person (a
submitter or a commenter), I created it as a user.  If it was a
submitter, I associated the submission with that user.

When the new site was activated, people started logging in with new user
id's and submitting images. It's very hard to automatically match up new
users to old users, so I've been doing it on a pre-request basis.  I
have an admin function where I can locate an old user and re-assign all
of the submissions for that user to a new user name.  I just did that
for Robert.  If anyone else notices that their old images aren't
associated to their new accounts, let me know and I'll fix it.

David Buck