POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using a couple of proximity patterns : Using a couple of proximity patterns Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Using a couple of proximity patterns
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Sep 2009 05:12:44
Message: <4aa0da0c@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I promised to show some results of my experimentation with proximity
patterns, using my cenotaph building. The attached image shows three
results, from top to bottom:

- Patina2 macro (Rune Johansen/James Coons; 2003/2004). The pattern gives an
interesting result for the building but it renders veeeerrrryyy slowly. The
image took more than three hours to complete.

- df3prox macro (Edouard Poor; 2009). Something rather similar to Patina2.
Parsing the present df3 file took about half an hour but the render was very
fast. I believe that I have not yet got the parameters correctly as there
are still some artifacts showing.

- fastprox3 macro (Sam Benge; 2009). Very fast parsing/rendering. I added
here an adapted version of the wear pattern provided by Sam in his demo file
to get a more interesting result. The settings especially of the pigment in
the pigment_map block seems to be more tricky than with the other patterns.
I am not really sure why.

What do you think?

--
All the best,

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'boullee_cenotaphe_proxpat.jpg' (190 KB)

Preview of image 'boullee_cenotaphe_proxpat.jpg'
boullee_cenotaphe_proxpat.jpg